subprocess.Popen deadlocks

eraserix eraserix at
Fri Nov 12 15:28:45 CET 2010

On Nov 12, 6:58 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message
> <2cf9a225-7d1c-4490-8a62-807e79bdd... at>,
> Why not skip all the threads and just spawn all the processes in your main
> loop? Then after getting the SIGINT, send that signal to all your processes,
> and then do a bunch of os.waitpid calls to clean them all up.

Thanks for the hint. You are right, the problem could be solved
singlethreaded by doing some sort of polling (my description
simplified things a bit) avoiding the multithreading problems

I had another look at the subprocesses module and discovered the
actual bug. I describe it in issue 10394.