subprocess pipe

Camille Harang mammique at
Sun Nov 14 20:25:30 CET 2010

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply.

Chris Rebert a écrit :
> Quoting , emphasis mine:
> """
> On Unix, with shell=True: [...] If args is a sequence, ***the first
> item*** specifies the command string, and any additional items will be
> treated as additional arguments ***to the shell itself***.
> """

Yes, I read that, that's why I'd like to avoid shell=True, but if I do
shall=False subprocess.Popen is no longer able to catch the standard
inputs & outputs of pg_dump (but it does on other commands that has a
prompt, e.g. 'passwd')

That's the problem :-/

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly under Creative Commons!