What was your strategy?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 18:49:02 EST 2010

On 14-11-2010 23:32, Jorge Biquez wrote:
> Hello all.
> Quick question. I know some of you are with Python since started, some other maybe later.
>
> I was wondering if you can share what was the strategy you followed to master Python (Yes I know I
> have to work hard study and practice a lot). I mean did you use special books, special sites, a
> plan to learn each subject in a special way. I would like to know, if possible, comments specially
> from some of you who in the past had other languages, frameworks and platforms and left (almost)
> all of them and stayed with Python.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jorge Biquez

I think you have to start with determining a goal, some kind of application you want or like to create.
Learning to program without a goal (which good well be school assignments) is in my opinion fruitless.

Secondly you've to decide if the application will be an old fashion desktop application or a modern
web application,
or maybe even, it should start as a desktop application and should be easily be converted to a
webappplication in the future.
(btw I mainly write desktop applications ;-)

When you've a goal and a global scope, you can find the right tools: language (Python of course),
IDE, framework, etc.

cheers,
Stef Mientki