What was your strategy?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sun Nov 14 20:37:34 EST 2010

Jorge Biquez <jbiquez at icsmx.com> writes:
> I was wondering if you can share what was the strategy you followed to
> master Python (Yes I know I have to work hard study and practice a lot).

1. Read the tutorial http://docs.python.org/tutorial/
2. Start writing code, and encounter various issues as usually happens.
3. Refer to the other reference manuals, web search, and ask questions
   in the newsgroup as you run into issues.
4. After a while you'll have hit most of the usual issues and learned
   how to deal with them, and how to find resolution for new issues that
   might come up.  That's about as close to mastery as one normally
   reaches in this world.

Python is a pretty easy language if you have a reasonable programming
background when you first start with it.  I think the way it's currently
organized, it may not be so great for self-study if you're not already a
programmer.

> I mean did you use special books, special sites,

Nah.