Is Unladen Swallow dead?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Wed Nov 17 17:09:59 EST 2010

On 11/17/2010 12:49 PM, John Ladasky wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2:30 pm, laspi<lorena.aspi... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Is Unladen Swallow dead?
>
> No, it's just resting.

For those who don't get that, The Monty Python reference:
"http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~ebarnes/python/dead-parrot.htm"

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong
with it?

Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead,
that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm
looking at one right now.

Owner: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the
Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Mr. Praline: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Mr. Praline: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up!
(shouting at the cage) 'Ello, Mister Polly Parrot! I've got a lovely
fresh cuttle fish for you if you show...

(owner hits the cage)

Owner: There, he moved!

Mr. Praline: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the cage!

Owner: I never!!

Mr. Praline: Yes, you did!

Owner: I never, never did anything...

Mr. Praline: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY!!!!!
Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes parrot out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws
it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead parrot.

(There's more, but you get the idea.)

				John Nagle