simple(?) Python C module question

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Nov 17 18:35:54 EST 2010

On 2010-11-17, Mark Crispin <nospam at panda.com> wrote:

Hey, it's the IMAP guy!  Get 'im!

> I have a Python module written in C that interfaces with an external
> C library.  Basically, the project is to make it possible to use that
> library from Python scripts.  If you know who I am, you can guess
> which library.  :)

Have you looked at ctypes?  It's not suitable for all libraries, but
it can often obviate the need to write any C code:

  http://docs.python.org/release/2.6.6/library/ctypes.html#module-ctypes

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I wonder if I should
                                  at               put myself in ESCROW!!