Installing pysqlite on Win64

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Sat Nov 20 17:57:45 EST 2010

On Nov 20, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Navid Parvini wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I want to install pysqlite on my Windows 64 bit machine. I have python 2.4.3 on it.
> Would you please let me know how can I do it?
>
> That is, I need to use the source file (i.e pysqlite-2.5.6.tar.gz) or there is an executable file to install.

Hi Navid,
I'm not a Windows guy so I really can't recommend how to proceed with the specific question you asked. But if there's any way you could upgrade the machine to Python >= 2.5, your problem will go away because those versions of Python come with a built-in sqlite interface. That might be an easier approach for you.

Good luck
Philip