Does Pygoogle allows for advanced search options?

Petar Milin pmilin at
Sun Nov 21 11:01:45 CET 2010

On 20/11/10 22:34, Chris Rebert wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:26 AM, neocortex<pmilin at>  wrote:
>>> The library doesn't seem to have built-in support for filtering by
>>> language (and Google lacks a search query-string-based operator for
>>> that), but it looks like you could implement that feature by adding an
>>> "lr" parameter with an appropriate value to the query `args`
>>> dictionary. See the "lr?" entry under "Web Search Specific Arguments"
>>> on, and
>>> lines 68&  102 of
>>  From those lines, it can be concluded that lr=lang_?? is not
>> supported, unfortunately.
> Right; that's why I said "you could implement that feature". Pretty
> easily it would seem.
Thanks for believing in me ( ;-) ), but I am a newbie in Python world,
although with some experience in other prog. languages.
So, if I read well, I sould add lr parameter in init and
then after lines 68 and 102?

Thanks again! You guys here are very kind and helpful!