Scheme as a virtual machine?

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at pas.despam.s.il.vous.plait.mac.com
Mon Nov 22 09:45:23 EST 2010

On 2010-11-22 08:12:27 -0500, MarkHaniford at gmail.com said:

> All opinions are biased.

All opinions show some bias. Not all opinions represent what is usually
called a "conflict of interest." Since JH makes his living selling
tools and training for certain languages, he has a severe conflict of
interest wrt asessing the value of various other languages. If these
other languages are just as good or better than those he makes his
living from, it would be very damaging to his livlihood for him to
admit this fact. As a result, he is a completely unreliable source on
the question.

This is why judges must recuse themselves from both civil and criminal
trials if they have some significant conflict of interest. The law
recognizes that we cannot expect a fair judgement from someone who
stands to profit significantly if the judgement goes one way or the
other. Similarly, we cannot expect a fair judgement on the relative
value of various language tools from a person whose livlihood depends
on the audience choosing only those certain language tools that he
sells services and training for.

warmest regards,

Ralph

--