How to install uTidylib, easy_install problem

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Mon Nov 22 19:43:58 EST 2010

On 2010-11-22, at 4:22 PM, goldtech wrote:

> I'm using activepython 2.6 on XP. I am trying to install uTidylib 0.2
> with easy_install.  I like uTidylib more vs. newer modules.and want to
> use it. I get output below. How do I install it? I do see it in
> http://pypi.python.org/simple/uTidylib/
>
> Thanks.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\user1>easy_install uTidylib
> install_dir C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\
> Searching for uTidylib
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/uTidylib/
> Reading http://utidylib.sf.net
> No local packages or download links found for uTidylib
> error: Could not find suitable distribution for
> Requirement.parse('uTidylib')

You could try using the Windows installer (uTidylib-0.2.1.win32.exe) from:
 http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1810

And perhaps also let Cory Dodt know that his 6-year old package entry has broken download link in it
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/uTidylib/

There is not even a source release for 0.2.1.  I'd be more than happy to make this available in PyPM <http://code.activestate.com/pypm/utidylib/> once I can find at least the source release of 0.2.1

-srid