inverse of a matrix with Fraction entries

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 24 08:02:21 EST 2010

I guess this is a question to folks with some numpy background (but
not necessarily).

I'm using fractions.Fraction as entries in a matrix because I need to
have very high precision and fractions.Fraction provides infinite
precision (as I've learned from advice from this list). Now I need to
calculate its inverse. Can numpy help in this regard? Can I tell numpy
that the inverse matrix should also have entries in
fractions.Fraction? Or numpy can only do floating point calculations?

Probably it doesn't matter but the matrix has all components non-zero
and is about a thousand by thousand in size.

Cheers,
Daniel