Newbie subprocess question

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Fri Nov 26 00:06:19 EST 2010

On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, Hugo Léveillé wrote:
> I'm starting various application using subprocess.Popen without any
> problem. The problem is with application inside "Program Files". It
> looks like subprocess is stopping the application string after
> "Program". I tried puting the programe name inside double quote like
> '"Program File*..."'. No luck.
>
> How can I start a app inside this folder ?
>
> Thanks

How about you show us exactly what you are doing, and just what you mean
by "no luck" ?  You also should tell us what version of Python you're
running, and mention that you're on Windows (presumably, but not
necessarily).

Perhaps you're using shell=True, perhaps you have an executable in the
root directory called  c:\program.exe,  Perhaps you're passing
arguments, but not putting them in separate list items.  Who knows?

DaveA