TDD in python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Sun Nov 28 20:30:24 CET 2010

On 11/28/2010 5:58 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:
> Does anyone know of something like this for python?

"This is the first in a series of videos demonstrating TDD in C++ using
the Eclipse CDT and CppUTest"

TDD = Test-Driven Development is a development philosophy applicable to
any language. It is not all that different from Hypothesis-Driven
Science (HDS) (I just made that connection!)

I suspect CppUTest is derived from Java JUnit (or whatever), as is
Python's unittest. Python also has doctest and other public and private
test frameworks and function.

Terry Jan Reedy