Help required with Tranformation of coordinate system

BansalMaddy hemant.dmp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 01:55:19 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 2:03 am, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 11/28/2010 6:36 PM, BansalMaddy wrote:
>
> > hi all!
> > i need a help in python! i am struggling to implement this since last
> > 2/3 days. suppose i have a 2D plot (say y=x**2).
> > now on the same plot i want to transform my origin of coordinate
> > system to a point (x',y' on this curve and again create a new plot
> > with origin at x',y')
> > can somebody help me how can i offset my cordinate system ...
>
> Plot y-y' == (x-x')**2 - y' against x-x'.
>
> --
> Terry Jan Reedy

Thanks for the reply, but i was looking for some built in function to
offset coordinate system, because my problem is not very simple as i
mentioned in my query, actually i need to plot some kind of closed
loops.
e..g
1. curve will be y=f(x) then i have to search for a point on y=f(x)
curve and i have to plot another function y'=f(x'), where x' and y'
are (-2x) and (-2y) repectively.
2. then again i hve to search for a pont on y'=f(x') and do some third
kind of operations, on that.
in that case if can shift my coordinate system to desired location on
curve the computation becomes simpler.

THanks again, hope i made myself clear :)