PyQt imageViewer does not working properly...

Polimeno rntpolimeno at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:29:04 EDT 2010

Hello guys,

I have been looking throughout the web for some PyQt Image Viewer :

http://nullege.com/codes/show/src%40pyformex-0.8.2%40pyformex%40gui%40imageViewer.py/78/PyQt4.QtGui.QImage#

Unfortunately, everytime I input any kind of image type
(.jpeg, .tga, .png, whatver) It doesn´t show me the image inside the
widget itself.... looks like it ignores the path I did pick...

Even if I use a simple snippet like one below, I can´t get my display
image...

from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
import sys

class ImageViewer(QWidget):

    def __init__(self, imgFile):
        QWidget.__init__(self)
        self.image = QImage(imgFile)
        print self, file_Path, '\n'
        self.update()

    def paintEvent(self, event):
        self.painter = QPainter(self)
        self.painter.drawImage(0, 0, self.image)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    Qapp = QApplication(sys.argv)
    Iviewer = ImageViewer(imgFile='C:\\Users\\Administrador\\Desktop\
\Img_001.jpg')
    Iviewer.show()
    Qapp.exec_()

What am I missing ?