Best Git library for Python?

Ben Finney ben+python at
Tue Oct 5 23:23:01 CEST 2010

Dun Peal <dunpealer at> writes:

> Of course I can write it myself, but it would save much time and
> effort if I could use something that's already written.

You don't mention which ones you've already evaluated or are aware of,
so I'll point out that Bazaar and Mercurial both use the Dulwich library
<URL:> (via plugins) to interface
with Git repositories via Python.

 \     “Oh, I realize it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at |
  `\      me: I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme |
_o__)                                          poverty.” —Groucho Marx |
Ben Finney