C++ vs. Python Was: Re: help!!!

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Oct 6 06:16:48 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 06 October 2010, 06:28:51 Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 23:54:00 -0400, <fkrafi at aboutrafi.net23.net>

> > plz can u convert this cpp file into python i need that badly as soon
> > as possible... I am new to python. I just wanna learn it....
>
> 	Step one... DON'T TRY TO PORT C++ to Python... the object models are
> quite different.

I do this all the time without any adverse effects (other than being glad to
only rarely having the need of doing it the other way around ;-)).

And the models aren't _that_ different, the syntax is.

Check yourself:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.0/lightmaps.html vs.
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2010-October/028040.html

Pete