ConFoo spam?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Thu Oct 7 07:56:39 EDT 2010

Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it just me or does the mailing of just about every single
> python-based project mailing list with a 90% form email advertising a
> conference that only has one python track *and* clashes with PyCon
> feel just a bit like spam?
>
> I know it's enough to put me off even considering going to ConFoo,
> whatever it is...

The post appeared on TurboGears lists as well - but I actually consider
it on-topic. We get enough other conference calls here, sometimes even
without an actual python-track, but instead catering to specific
scientific communities that might or might not use python.

I don't consider this spam. It is certainly less annoying than the
umpteenth GIL discussion...

Diez