ConFoo spam?

Jack Diederich jackdied at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:01:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Diez B. Roggisch <deets at web.de> wrote:
> Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> Is it just me or does the mailing of just about every single
>> python-based project mailing list with a 90% form email advertising a
>> conference that only has one python track *and* clashes with PyCon
>> feel just a bit like spam?
>
> The post appeared on TurboGears lists as well - but I actually consider
> it on-topic. We get enough other conference calls here, sometimes even
> without an actual python-track, but instead catering to specific
> scientific communities that might or might not use python.
>
> I don't consider this spam. It is certainly less annoying than the
> umpteenth GIL discussion...

I don't consider it spam either and I subscribe to half the lists they
sent it to.  People announce and talk about things of no interest to
me every day on python-list.  You get used to it. [For the record
ConFoo /does/ interest me, but I can't take a week and a half off to
do that plus PyCon].

-Jack