open file on mac

Andreas Waldenburger usenot at geekmail.INVALID
Fri Oct 8 21:29:38 CEST 2010

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 07:16:13 -0700 (PDT) tinauser <tinauser at>

> on mac I get an error if i do not give the full path of
> (commented out in the code above);
> on windows i did not have this problem.
> Am I missing anything?

open("") opens in the current working directory
(if you don't do anything funny, that's location where the interpreter
is started up in). I assume that you somehow start your interpreter
somewhere different on your Mac.

But that's just a guess. I don't know enough about Macs and your
environment(s) to say for sure.

To reach me via email, replace INVALID with the country code of my home
country.  But if you spam me, I'll be one sour Kraut.