emdding python gui in c code - OS independent

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Mon Oct 11 12:49:16 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:16 AM, tinauser <tinauser at libero.it> wrote:
> hi there,
> i need to embed python GUI in a c++ code. I've seen that,while on
> windows running GUI is no problem, in mac i need to use pythonw
> instead python.
> the question is,how should i tell the program that if the OS is mac,
> it should pythonw, otherwise python is fine?

I think you have it backwards. MS Windows is where one typically needs
to use pythonw to suppress a console window from opening when Python
is run. *nixes (including Mac OS X) have no such problem and (I'm
pretty sure) only have a pythonw executable for compatibility
purposes. Just specify pythonw regardless of OS and you should be
fine.

Cheers,
Chris
--