File comparison with exceptions

Pratik Khemka pratikkhemka at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:35:35 EDT 2010

I am comparing 2 files (.txt files) using filecmp.cmp(File1, File2, shallow=False)

I want to allow exceptions like these:

File 1                                  File 2
6522,6523d6521          6591,6592d6590

6536d6533                  6605d6602

 So basically I want to ignore these differences while file comparison. Is there any easy way to do this..?

What I want to actually compare and be alerted for are any differences here :

  File 1                                                 File 2

< nor_ic -= pi.cConfig.Isthere ? 9 : 7;   < nor_ic -= pi.cConfig.Isthere ? 9 : 7;

> nor_ic -= 5;                                     > nor_ic -= 5;

Thanks....