Difficulty in easy_install

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Wed Oct 13 13:06:09 EDT 2010

On 10/11/2010 1:45 AM, sankalp srivastava wrote:

>   I am having difficulty in easy_installing
> I use a proxy server and strange errors , like it can't fetch the
> package is showing up .
> the package is pyspeech ...please help me :(
>
> I don't know if the proxy server is causing the problems , in linux i
> would have import http-proxy in .bashrc
> but am not a windows expert
> can anyone help me plz

     That's about typical.  "easy_install" isn't "easy".  It has some
built-in assumptions about where various files are stored, and if
the installation doesn't match them, installs fail with obscure
error messages.

     "egg" files are really just "zip" files.  It's sometimes
necessary to unpack them, and run "python setup.py".

				John Nagle