Question regarding python migration

Pramod Thirthachar Sridhar pramod.sridhar at
Thu Oct 14 08:08:18 CEST 2010

We have a Python based test framework which is being used in various projects.

Our current environment is

Python (ver 2.5.1)

wxPython (wxPython2.8-win32-ansi-

Our Framework is being currently used in Windows XP.

The issue is:

Soon our environment will be migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7.

In this regard, I would be in need of suggestions/ideas/information regarding migration of our existing framework into windows 7 environment.

Do i need to migrate our framework from Python 2.5 to either Python 2.6 or directly to Python 3.0 ? What happens to all supporting packages..etc

Which is the best way ?

We tried out of some option of using our framework under virtual xp context of windows 7.Thou it works for timebeing,i am not interested to having the same as kind of way of working for future.

Please help

Many thanks in advance

- Pramod