PEP 249 (database api) -- executemany() with iterable?

Sat Oct 16 03:10:08 CEST 2010

In message
<ecdbf6b3-3f99-4b59-b7f8-85bd22f97cac at>, Steve
Howell wrote:

> On Oct 13, 8:32 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
> wrote:
>> In message
>> <d2451907-c0d2-4571-b3e1-1e4d4f66a... at>, Steve
>> Howell wrote:
>>> Bulk-load strategies usually solve one or more of these problems:
>>> network latency
>> That’s not an issue. This is a bulk operation, after all.
>>> index maintenance during the upload
>> There are usually options to temporarily turn this off.
>>> parsing of the SQL
>> Not usually a problem, as far as I can tell.
>>> reallocating storage
>> You mean for thr SQL? Again, not usually a problem, as far as I can tell.
> If you are avoiding network latency and turning off indexes, then you
> are using some kind of a bulk-load strategy.

I thought we were talking about “load data” versus using simple variants of
“insert”. At least, that’s what I was talking about. What were you talking

> If you are not concerned about parsing costs or storage churn ...

What is this “storage churn” thing, and why are you raising it now?