Deferring a function call

TomF tomf.sessile at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 00:21:41 EDT 2010

I'm writing a simple simulator, and I want to schedule an action to
occur at a later time.  Basically, at some later point I want to call a
function f(a, b, c).  But the values of a, b and c are determined at
the current time.

One way way to do this is to keep a list of entries of the form [[TIME,
FN, ARGS]...] and at simulated time TIME do: apply(FN, ARGS)
Aside from the fact that apply is deprecated, it seems like there
should be a cleaner (possibly more Pythonic) way to do this.   Ideas?

-Tom