pylint -- should I just ignore it sometimes?

Seebs usenet-nospam at
Tue Oct 19 23:43:42 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-19, Shawn Milochik <shawn at> wrote:
> Just to be pedantic (or maybe even helpful), the use of the comma
> after the exception is deprecated in favor of 'as.'

Not in code that has to run on older Pythons.

I'm pretty sure I have to work with everything from 2.4 to 2.6 or so.

That reminds me, though.  Speaking of deprecation, I have:
	from string import Template
(see PEP 292 or so?), and pylint says "Uses of a deprecated module 'string'",
but I don't know of a way to get Template except by doing that.

Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures <-- get educated!