Code smells: too many parameters, too many attributes (was: pylint -- should I just ignore it sometimes?)

Seebs usenet-nospam at seebs.net
Tue Oct 19 21:54:04 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-20, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> It's a code smell. Many discrete attributes is a sign that the design
> can be improved by combining related attributes into a complex type.

Ahh.

I think that makes sense.  In this case, I don't think it's worth it,
but I can see why it would be in some cases.  There are cases where there's
a thing that really DOES have that many attributes, but I've seen lots
of cases where it made sense to subdivide them.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at seebs.net