OO and game design questions

dex josipmiskovic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 03:26:41 EDT 2010

On Oct 19, 6:54 pm, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr... at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 01:19:48 -0700 (PDT), dex <josipmisko... at gmail.com>
>

> > OK, imagine a MUD, where players can "dig out" new rooms. Room A has a
> > door that holds reference to newly created room B. By "using" a door,
> > player is transported to room B. At later time someone destroys room
> > B.
>
>         Out of curiosity, have you looked at any of the older Python
> efforts?
>
> http://py-universe.sourceforge.net/http://www.strout.net/info/coding/python/poo/index.html(some dead
> links)
> --
>         Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>         wlfr... at ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

I will check out your links. I did some research on several MUD
projects (evennia, PyMUD) and gained very little from them. I used MUD
only as example, my game idea is combination of Rogue and Elite, with
Darklands GUI. It's definitely overambitious, but I'm taking it slowly
and learning things on the way.

Thanks for input.