Code smells: too many parameters, too many attributes (was: pylint -- should I just ignore it sometimes?)

Seebs usenet-nospam at
Wed Oct 20 03:54:04 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-20, Ben Finney <ben+python at> wrote:
> It's a code smell. Many discrete attributes is a sign that the design
> can be improved by combining related attributes into a complex type.

I think that makes sense.  In this case, I don't think it's worth it,
but I can see why it would be in some cases.  There are cases where there's
a thing that really DOES have that many attributes, but I've seen lots
of cases where it made sense to subdivide them.

Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures <-- get educated!