Unix-head needs to Windows-ize his Python script

gb345 gb345 at invalid.com
Wed Oct 20 13:38:21 EDT 2010

I have a handy Python script, which takes a few command-line
arguments, and accepts a few options.  I developed it on Unix, with
very much of a Unix-mindset.  Some Windows-using colleagues have
asked me to make the script "easy to use under Windows 7".  I.e.:
no command-line.

Therefore, I want to adapt my script, with the minimum amount of
work, so that it can have a double-clickable icon that brings up
a small GUI to accept command-line options (including a couple of
file-selectors for input and output files).

I am Windows-illiterate, so I really would like to keep this as
barebones as possible.  Where should I look to learn more about
how to do this?

Thx!

--G

(P.S. in case it matters, it's OK to assume that Python will be
installed on the Windows system; IOW, the script need not bring
with it a Python interpreter and libraries.)