Unix-head needs to Windows-ize his Python script

Shawn Milochik shawn at milochik.com
Wed Oct 20 14:10:31 EDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 2:00 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2010-10-20, Shawn Milochik <shawn at milochik.com> wrote:
> ript and execute its code, passing the arguments in.
>
>> wxPython is just Python.
>
> No, it's not.
>
> You can't assume that any windows machine with Python installed also
> has wxPython installed.  The only GUI kit that you can come close to
> "assuming" is Tkinter.

I didn't mean to imply that wxPython is in the standard library. Just that you write Python code when you create a wxPython app. I apologize for the lack of clarity.

I recommended wxPython instead of Tkinter because of the opinions I've heard from other Python developers who prefer the former (I've never used Tkinter). Also, wxPython automatically looks native Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Shawn