Classes in a class: how to access variables from one in another

Andreas Waldenburger usenot at geekmail.INVALID
Wed Oct 20 15:11:56 EDT 2010

On 18 Oct 2010 22:29:27 GMT Steven D'Aprano
<steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:34:07 -0700, Chris Rebert wrote:
>
> > Also, Python's scoping rules, particularly for class-level scopes,
> > don't work the way programmers from languages where nested classes
> > are common would expect:
> [snip example]
>

> I'm sorry, I don't see that "language Foo programmers will be
> surprised that Python is not language Foo" is an argument against
> Python programmers using nested classes. Surely it's an argument
> against writing Foo in Python?

Alright, alright, you made your point.

You should go into politics. ;)

/W

--
To reach me via email, replace INVALID with the country code of my home
country.  But if you spam me, I'll be one sour Kraut.