Unix-head needs to Windows-ize his Python script

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Oct 21 04:02:58 EDT 2010

On 20/10/2010 18:38, gb345 wrote:
> I have a handy Python script, which takes a few command-line
> arguments, and accepts a few options.  I developed it on Unix, with
> very much of a Unix-mindset.  Some Windows-using colleagues have
> asked me to make the script "easy to use under Windows 7".  I.e.:
> no command-line.

The usual suspects for this include:

   http://easygui.sourceforge.net/

   http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/

   http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html

Any of those will suffice, I suspect. Personally, I use my
own winsys.dialogs:

   http://timgolden.me.uk/python/winsys/dialogs.html

which have the very slight advantage of allowing dragging-and-dropping
files from explorer into textedit controls and/or having a button which
brings up the FileOpen (or any other) system dialog. If you do want
to use it, I suggest the svn trunk which will work for Py2 or Py3
(courtesy of 2to3).

TJG