pylint -- should I just ignore it sometimes?

Seebs usenet-nospam at
Thu Oct 21 20:15:54 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-21, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmichel at> wrote:
> It can be short if descriptive:

> for o, c in cars:
>     park(o)
>     phone(c)

> for owner, car in cars: # by just using meaningful names you give the
> info to the reader that you expect cars to be a list of tuple (owner, car)
>     park(owner)
>     phone(car) # see how it is easier to spot bug

In this case, yes.

The one that brought this up, though, was "except FooError, e:", and in
that case, there is no need for any further description; the description
is provided by the "except", and "e" is a perfectly reasonable, idiomatic,
pronoun for the caught exception.

Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures <-- get educated!