IDLE debugger questions

Roger Davis rbd at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 22 22:19:26 EDT 2010

Hi, I have some questions about the IDLE debugger. I am using the
2.6.6 bundle downloaded from python.org.

First, how do I debug a Python program that requires command-line
args? I usually run it with a command like

% test.py arg1 arg2 arg3

There seems to be practically no detailed IDLE debugger documentation
and I have been unable to figure out how to pass these arguments into
the debugger.

Second, some folk say you can set a breakpoint by right-clicking on
the desired line in the source window to get a popup menu. This does
not work for me on my MacBook (external 3-button USB mouse), it only
adds a line-break into the source code. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Roger Davis