Generating PDF file in Python

Ed Keith e_d_k at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 09:18:07 EDT 2010

I need to generate PDF files and I'm exploring what tools to use. I was planing on using ReportLab, but recently found some references to pango (http://www.pango.org/) and ciaro (http://cairographics.org/) being able to generate PDF files. But am having difficulty finding details.

The program must be cross platform, it needs to run on both windows and Mac and might need to run on Linux in the future. It needs to generate both reports and tables and I would like to make the layout as user configurable as practical.

Can pango - ciaro do  this. How do they compare to ReportLab? Are there other options I have overlooked?

     -EdK

Ed Keith
e_d_k at yahoo.com

Blog: edkeith.blogspot.com