High(er) level frameworks that wrap Tkinter/ttk?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Tue Oct 26 18:22:07 EDT 2010

Curious if there are any higher level frameworks that attempt to
wrap Tkinter? For example, wxPython is wrapped by the Dabo
framework (http://dabodev.com/) and PythonCard.

Motivation: We've recently moved to Python 2.7 (Windows) and are
very impressed with the new ttk (Tile) support which allows one
to build professional quality, platform native GUI's using the
built-in Tkinter framework. In the past we would have used
wxPython to create simple GUI interfaces for our command line
utilities, but we're re-thinking this strategy in favor of using
Tkinter/ttk for these use cases.

Thanks,
Malcolm