is elementTree really a part of python 2.6?

hackingKK hackingkk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:23:51 EDT 2010

Hello all,
Some days back I had asked a few questions about parsing xml files using
python.
I have tryed dom.minidom module but I did not like the prittyPrint way
of writing nodes.
There were many other things I did not quite like about dom.minidom, so
now trying to use elementTree.
But to my surprise, I could not import xml.elementtree in my default
python 2.6 setup.
is it possible that I have broken some thing?
I had to later on do an easy_install for elementree.
But I hear that elementtree is a part of python?
So has my import gone wrong?  or is some thing broken in my python setup?

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.