Land Of Lisp is out

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Thu Oct 28 05:02:38 EDT 2010

Alain Ketterlin <alain at dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

>>> There is a new version of Lisp called Clojure that runs on the Java
>>> Virtual Machine (JVM) that is on the upswing.
>>
>> Now is not exactly a good time to build new systems crucially dependent on
>> the continuing good health of Java though, is it?
>
> Nonsense. See
> http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/ibm_and_oracle_to_collaborate

Last time I remember a corporation having developed a nice software
(NeXTSTEP), Sun joined it to make an "OpenStep", and a few years alter
it was over, bought by Apple, and morphed into MacOSX, and none of my
NeXTSTEP (or even OpenStep) programs compile anymore on my computers.

In the meantime, I switched to Linux.

So now IBM and Oracle join to make an OpenJDK?
I bet Lawerence is right.