Land Of Lisp is out

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Thu Oct 28 09:24:54 EDT 2010

kodifik <kodifik at eurogaran.com> writes:

> On Oct 28, 1:55 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
> central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>> Would it be right to say that the only Lisp still in common use is the Elisp
>> built into Emacs?
>
> Surely surpassed by autolisp (a xlisp derivative inside the Autocad
> engineering software).

I wouldn't bet.  With emacs, you don't have a choice, you need to use
emacs lisp to customize it (even if theorically you could do it with
emacs-cl or some other language implementation written in emacs lisp).

On the other hand, AutoCAD allow people to customize it using other
programming languages than AutoLisp, so I wouldn't expect it to be
majoritary.