Tkinter: how to create (modal) dialogs a la tk_dialog?

Andrew none at none.com
Thu Oct 28 22:16:57 EDT 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:57:24 +0000 (UTC), Olaf Dietrich wrote:

> Could it be that these parts of Tkinter
> are not particularly extensively documented? (Or am I searching
> with the wrong expressions?)
> Olaf

I've wondered about this too. The tkinter and tkinter.ttk sections of the
documentation seem to have a large number of classes and functions listed
as part of the module but without any more than a line or two about what
they do or how to use them. The last (and only, so far) time I used
tkinter, I often found it more useful to examine Tk documentation to
discover, say, what options or arguments were possible and/or useful, and
then try to translate that into the python/tkinter equivelant.

--

Andrew