Exception Handling in Python 3

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:53:09 EDT 2010

On Oct 24, 7:36 am, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> I don't want people to think this is a big deal, however.

Nonsense, this IS a big deal. (and Steve grow a spine already!) I was
not even aware of this issue until you brought it up -- although i
will admit your choice of title is completely misleading!

This new exception handling behavior is completely ridiculous and the
only thing more atrocious than the new exception handling BUG you
uncovered is the "hoop jumping" garbage people have come up with to
make the "new" work as the tried and tested "old".

I am the programmer, and when i say to my interpretor "show this
exception instead of that exception" i expect my interpretor to do
exactly as i say or risk total annihilation!! I don't want my
interpreter "interpreting" my intentions and then doing what it
"thinks" is best for me. I have a wife already, i don't need a virtual
one! We are opening a Pandora's box of mediocrity and confusion when
we start down such a slippery slope as this.

Let me enlighten you fellows... If have i ever learned anything about
programming, i can tell you one rule should always be counted on above
all rules -- that the computer will do exactly what you tell it to do
NOTHING more, and NOTHING less. End of story!