Land Of Lisp is out

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at
Fri Oct 29 23:06:56 CEST 2010

On 28 Ott, 10:42, p... at (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
> sthueb... at (Stefan Hübner) writes:
> >> Would it be right to say that the only Lisp still in common use is the Elisp
> >> built into Emacs?
> > Clojure ( is a Lisp on the JVM. It's gaining more and
> > more traction.
> There are actually 2 REAL Lisp on the JVM:
> - abcl
> - CLforJava

Well, there are a few Scheme implementations too. Kawa is "famous" for
having been used by Google as the basis for their App Inventor for
Android. And I wouldn't define Clojure a "fake" Lisp. It has some
aspects I don't like, but it is definitely in the Lisp family.
Actually CLforJava as far as I know is missing crucial features (e.g.
CLOS) and in some aspects is more tied to Java than Clojure.