Source code for itertools

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Sep 1 00:30:33 EDT 2010

vsoler <vicente.soler at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 31 ago, 04:42, Paul Rubin <no.em... at nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> vsoler <vicente.so... at gmail.com> writes:
>> > I was expecting an itertools.py file, but I don't see it in your list.
>>
>> looks promising.  Lots of stdlib modules are written in C for speed or
>> access to system facilities.
>
>Lawrence, Paul,
>
>You seem to be running a utility I am not familiar with. Perhaps this
>is because I am using Windows, and most likely you are not.
>
>How could I have found the answer in a windows environment?

Did you take the time to understand what he did?  It's not that hard to
figure out.  He fetched the Python source code, unpacked it, then search
for filenames that contained the string "itertools."

The equivalent in Windows, after unpacking the source archive, would have
been:
    dir /s *itertools*
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.