PyPy and RPython

sarvi sarvilive at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:49:39 EDT 2010

Is there a plan to adopt PyPy and RPython under the python foundation
in attempt to standardize both.

I have been watching PyPy and RPython evolve over the years.

PyPy seems to have momentum and is rapidly gaining followers and
performance.

PyPy JIT and performance would be a good thing for the Python
Community
And it seems to be well ahead of Unladen Swallow in performance and in
a position to improve quite a bit.

Secondly I have always fantasized of never having to write C code yet
get its compiled performance.
With RPython(a strict subset of Python), I can actually compile it to
C/Machine code

These 2 seem like spectacular advantages for Python to pickup on.
And all this by just showing the PyPy and the Python foundation's
support and direction to adopt them.

Yet I see this forum relatively quite on PyPy or Rpython ?  Any
reasons???

Sarvi