Arguments from the command line

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 6 13:45:04 EDT 2010

"aug dawg" <augdawg09 at gmail.com> wrote

> Mercurial is written in Python. I know that commit is a function
> that
> commits to a repo, but what command does the program use in order to
> get the
> commit name, like "This is a commit name" (This would make a commit
> with
> "This is a commit name" as the commit name)

Take a look at the Talking to the User topic in my tutorial which has
a section on reading command line arguments.

Interestingly, most of the queries I get on that section are from GUI
users
who don't understand the concept of command line arguments! :-)

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site