Ugh! Python 3.1.x and MySQL

fuglyducky fuglyducky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 12:27:28 EDT 2010

Most of the python books coming out now are Py3K. I just started
programming and have a need to access a MySQL database. I would like
to use Python to do this. Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone that has
created anything that allows my to do this.

I've tried installing an ODBC driver and using sqlalchemy, oursql, and
a few other things with no luck.

So...just wondering if anyone is aware of any libraries/modules that I
can use to connect to a MySQL DB using Python 3.1.x?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to this from both x86 and x64 systems (if
that makes any difference).

Thanks for any input you may have!!!