fast kdtree tree implementation for python 3?

_wolf wolfgang.lipp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:38:16 EDT 2010

> Do you know about the kdtree implementation in biopython? I don't know
> if it is already available for Python 3, but for me it worked fine in
> Python 2.X.

i heard they use a brute-force approach and it's slow. that's just
rumors alright. also, judging from the classes list on
http://www.biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/module-tree.html, you will see
you can probably tune in to the latest radio moscow news using it. way
too much for my needs, i just want to find the nearest neighbor on a
2D-plane. but thanks for the suggestion.