fast kdtree tree implementation for python 3?

_wolf wolfgang.lipp at
Sun Sep 12 00:38:16 CEST 2010

> Do you know about the kdtree implementation in biopython? I don't know
> if it is already available for Python 3, but for me it worked fine in
> Python 2.X.

i heard they use a brute-force approach and it's slow. that's just
rumors alright. also, judging from the classes list on, you will see
you can probably tune in to the latest radio moscow news using it. way
too much for my needs, i just want to find the nearest neighbor on a
2D-plane. but thanks for the suggestion.